Written on My Heart

Photo taken on my last bike ride with Friends I got on the saddle and rode to wherever I feel like stopping. The 4 pm sun, has not...

Photo taken on my last bike ride with Friends

I got on the saddle and rode to wherever I feel like stopping. The 4 pm sun, has not been gentle and the breeze didn't make up for it either. I can feel my sweat trickling down my spine as I pedaled on. Whenever I bike, I always pray that this may not be my last ride. Riding alongside buses and trucks can get intimidating sometimes, but it adds thrill to the experience.

My first stop was McDonald's , as much as I am trying to avoid fast food, that day it seemed like it was the best option there is. I ordered the typical chicken fillet, and left after 15 minutes, then got back on the road.

I didn't really plan to ride far, I just wanted to sit down and be left alone with my thoughts. And so I found my spot by the fishing area. There were other people too, all of them hiding underneath the shades the few trees provided. As for me, there were no more trees left to shield me from the sun. And so, I was the crazy woman who sat under the hot light. 

I savored the moment, and asked myself what took me so long to get away. 

Its amazing what sitting still and getting away from distractions can do to you. I wrote on my journal and began reading the previous entries. My heart swelled as I absorbed the words. Its good to read what the Trisha from 5 months ago was going through, She talked about her heart aches, frustrations, joys and testimonies. She also wrote about what God has been teaching her... And as I read them, I could not be more overwhelmed by the faithfulness of  God. He has been so faithful in the good times and in the bad, in my darkest hours and in my brightest days. The Lord is faithful, always.

I was sad for a moment, when I realized that i have forgotten so many of the lessons and testimonies  written on my journal. They were just a few pages away from my present entries, and all along I kept on getting frustrated on something I forgot I already overcame a few months ago. And the answers, were just a few pages away... I am thankful for Journals, but it is about time that these precious lessons get written on my heart that I may not forget them,

I then continued to speak with the Lord as I sat on that white lonely bench, and He responded by flooding my heart with peace. There has been too much going on with life, too many doubts, and too many fears, but the Lord was kind to reassure His daughter that He got me covered by His grace.

I waited for the sun to set before going back to the road. I didn't want to stop,  I wanted the road to stretch longer, and to ride til my legs give up on me. I sang songs, I smiled a lot and I thought of the next time I can ride my bike again. Overall, I felt like a new person, a girl who finally got some of her treasures written on her heart. Who would've thought I only needed to get away?

You Might Also Like

0 comments