Seasons

My sister admiring the Sunset in Orani Bataan We tried to fit ourselves in the back of our friend's truck and i felt uneasy. I was ...

My sister admiring the Sunset in Orani Bataan

We tried to fit ourselves in the back of our friend's truck and i felt uneasy. I was wondering if we will get caught by the authorities because we were too many, or if its even allowed for people to ride in the back unprotected. But I joined them anyway since I wanted to feel the night's breeze and I'm too tired to protest against the idea.

We drove through Binictican heights and I kept mum and enjoyed the ride. I looked at my friends faces and realized that our years are 'numbered'. A few years more and some will build their own families, work 9- 5 and get lost in the complexities of Adult life. But its nothing to worry about, I assure myself, change is inevitable and change is good.

I looked up to the night sky and saw the trees towering over us, i wonder what's their story, how long have they been living in this world and how long will they continue to endure the hot and cold. I look at myself, a twenty year old story, I wish that there maybe more nights like this for me.

My body is craving for the soft bed that awaits me at home, the day has been long and has been fun. This summer did not disappoint the adventurer in me, I had plenty of pool time, sunsets, nature and sweat. I also got to spend time with friends and family that I loved dearly. I even was able to conquer some of my fears and I learned how it is to really live in the present.

Out of all the seasons, summer is my favorite. Here in the Philippines, Filipinos have a love-hate relationship with summer. Love because its the perfect time to go to the beach and enjoy with friends and family, and Hate because its just way too HOT when its summer here. But me, I love Summer, that's it. I am particularly in love with Summer Sunsets and how vibrant the sky gets. I could gaze at it forever and be at peace.

I closed my eyes and just let the night breeze hit my face, I am glad that I rode at the back of the truck. These are the kind of moments I remember. I reveled in the moment so much, I can still remember everything.



And then I was finally home and I knew that that ride in the back of the truck was the conclusion of my summer this year. There's a part of me that wants this to never end, but we live in seasons, and part of that is accepting the joys and sorrows every season brings. I think of my friends, who are about to launch themselves into the "real world", I hope, wish, and pray that I will still spend the next summer with them. But the reality is that we're about to become adults and the pressure is great.I will be turning 21 this year, and its surprising how you can be so young and feel so old at the same time. This makes me sad but I remind myself; change is good

The rain is about to come and wash away every mark Summer has left. I will soon be cuddled by my blanket, with a cup of coffee, while listening to the sound of raindrops hitting our roof. I will embrace this season just like I did with summer.



You Might Also Like

0 comments