A Love as bright as the Sun

I remember being a 16 year old high school girl crying in front of the computer after the boy I "loved' said he likes someon...


I remember being a 16 year old high school girl crying in front of the computer after the boy I "loved' said he likes someone else. It was a high school puppy love, but I did cry, and wrote him a song.

It was my first heartbreak song, which no one got to hear except for the walls of our old house. As the years went by, I have almost forgotten the song and lost the paper on which I wrote the lyrics. But I still remember how it felt like that night.

For a young girl, it was so easy to feel like you'll never find another love. It was as if I lost that one shot to a life of love and romance. I thought my heart will never mend again. I cried some more, and wrote that boy a couple more songs before I started laughing. Fast forward to today, that boy became a man, someone who would still make my heart beat a little louder. I don't know anything about him anymore, he's probably in some far away place already in love with someone else, again

As for me, I'm still here, a hopeful romantic. I still write songs, and I still look up at the stars at night, wondering if someone else is doing the exact same thing. I still rush to meet the waves and lift my hands to hold the full moon. I still close my eyes as I breathe in the fresh morning air. I still ride my bike and scream when I'm alone on the road.

And I still pray for a love as bright as the sun.

I feel deeply, and I believe in finding someone who I will get to love fiercely. I believe in finding a man who will share with me mutual passions and who will, most of all, encourage me in my pursuit of Christ. This is what is in my heart, and something I will hope for and pray for until it comes. This I will never compromise. I cannot imagine being in a relationship with someone who will not talk to me about God. Who will not rejoice with me as I share testimonies. Who will refuse to worship with me. And who will not lead me in prayer and encourage me to continue devoting my life to Christ. I am not asking for a perfect man, but I am praying for a godly man. And because of this I learned that I must wait and let God work in me. 

There is no sense of rush in this journey to love. I look forward to days spent in solitude as much as I am looking forward to days spent with someone. I know that there are still much to learn, there is still more to know about the greatness of our God. In discovering His wonders and soaking in His love I will find my greatest satisfaction. After all, He is that one true lover of my soul. 

Someday I will love someone fiercely and godly, all in the right time. And in that season, I hope that I will finally get to write a love song. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments