January Sunset

I’m writing as I wait for the sun to set. I’m sitting down on the ground, and people are staring at me, wondering why a girl is wearing a...


I’m writing as I wait for the sun to set. I’m sitting down on the ground, and people are staring at me, wondering why a girl is wearing a helmet and typing on her laptop.

I biked all the way here, it’s been quite a while. I’m glad that today I get to enjoy the sunset and the beauty that comes along with it. For a moment, everyone is still in wonder. Everyone looks up at the same blue sky. I can’t wait to enjoy this place again. 3 more weeks and I’ll be permanently home here. Manila has set opportunities for growth, but I’ve learned that I love my seashores, my forest trails, my green grass, my fresh air, and my smog free sky too much to trade them for the thrills of the big city. I am so blessed to call this place home. I know I’ve not been far enough or away long enough to be this emotional, but I guess that’s what Manila really does to you. It makes you more grateful for the little things you’ve never thought of being grateful for.

Today a friend asked me what my theme for this year is. It may be surprising for some, but I welcomed the new year without setting specific goals. I just know that I’m ready for anything, I’m ready to think, dream, work and give beyond what I think I am capable of. Basically that makes my theme for this year #NoBoundaries , right? #NoBoundaries it is!

Writing about these things brings so much joy to my heart. I'm glad that I'm seeing life in a new perspective. It's as if I've been blessed with brand new eyes! If you have read some of my journal entries here, you probably know how days haven’t always been sunny for me. But I’ve been set free, and it feels good to be excited about life and what is to come. I hope you are too.

I hope you all find the strength you need for the day. I hope you find plenty of reasons to give thanks. I hope that you get out of your comfort zone and try to do things a little bit different. I hope that when you do, you will realize that change is definitely good. I hope you get to meet new friends that will cheer you on. I hope that you will laugh more, and cry less. And if you cry, I hope that you find comfort. I hope that no matter what comes your way, you will still see life as a blessing. And when you wake up in the morning, I hope you will still be excited for the brand-new day. These are my hopes and even more, my prayers.

The waters reflect the yellow light. The sky is is clear. The people are now uniform in their awe. The birds are dancing above. I have the final rays of the sun warming my skin. I gather my hopes and tuck them in my heart, as I look forward to the days to come.

You Might Also Like

0 comments