Wild Year

Photo by Dave Salvatus The crowd would not keep silent. I couldn’t even hear if the countdown has already started. Everyone was loud, ev...

Photo by Dave Salvatus
The crowd would not keep silent. I couldn’t even hear if the countdown has already started. Everyone was loud, everyone was eager to welcome the new year. Even my Facebook friends are excited to put 2016 behind, like a nightmare they want to forget.

This year has been wild. 2016 was a year of wild dreams and hard work, of late nights spent creating and days spent planning, of prayers answered and of rejections. But it’s all good, I have learned more from defeat than I did from victory. I have trusted God more and more as I found myself in struggle. I’ve seen Him work in my weakness and prove Himself faithful over and over again.

My dreams have carried me far from home. I remember walking around Araneta crying as I speak with my mother on the phone. The bright Christmas lights has its way of making people feel lonely and sad. I told her how beautiful the lights were and how it lit the road. After the phone call, my mom sent me voice messages reminding me to find strength in the Lord. It was hard but I did, still I cried myself to sleep that night.

I'm sure this is only the beginning of many nights spent far away. I’ve been dreaming big things for this year. This coming March I will finally finish my college education, the delay wasn’t bad after all. Now people are beginning to ask me what my plans are right after college, and I tell them I don’t have any yet. Although I already know deep down in my heart what I want to do.

I know I’ll be doing life with so much uncertainty, the only thing which I’m certain of is the fact that the Lord is with me. And He is the one fueling up my dreams and fanning to flames the passions in my heart. I do not know what the future holds but I am sure that I only need to fix my gaze on Him as I take up my cross every day. There’s so much to learn in the coming months right after college, may God help me listen to His wisdom with all my mind and heart.

This 2017 may we all learn to live by faith and not by sight. To fully cast our burdens upon the Lord. To empty ourselves so that we can be a vessel of His love. To live simply and to love extravagantly. And to follow Him even where our feet may fail. May we all learn to pray more, love more and give more. To truly walk the talk, and share the Love of Christ. Because the burden is stronger, people really need the Lord.

Last night as I watched the fireworks light up the sky and the ground below, I said my thanksgiving. Surely it was God who had carried us all through the year. He was the one who provided for my needs, gave grace in my weakness, and forgiven me in my sinfulness. Many people recorded 2016 as their worst year, but I still see the undeniable goodness of God. He is good all the time.

So be hopeful, dream on and keep your eyes fixed on Christ.

Be blessed,
Trisha 




You Might Also Like

0 comments