Living

I look at the perfect horizon and let the waves sway me to peace. I’ve been kayaking for more than 30 minutes now, far from the shore, I ...


I look at the perfect horizon and let the waves sway me to peace. I’ve been kayaking for more than 30 minutes now, far from the shore, I find the moment I will treasure for years. This silence in the sea, the blue green water, the setting sun, they all reminded me to live fully.
Summer has changed for me and my friends. It wasn’t the same one that is wild with adventure, and full of adrenaline. The adventures got replaced with stress and fatigue, mostly from work. Everyone is trying to navigate their way through the “adult” life except for me. With one more school year still left for me, I find myself still holding on to summer and its memories.
It took a lot of work to gather as much people as possible for this beach trip, and I promised myself to enjoy it the way the 18 year old me would. And so, I almost never got out of the water. I tasted the salt, and let the sun darken my skin. I let the sand get to my hair and the let the tiny fishes tickle my feet. I laughed and ate. I lived.
I balanced myself and lied down on the kayak while still in the sea. I gaze at the uninterrupted blue sky. Basking in its beauty I realized that I don’t need  to be where my friends are. Not having a job doesn’t mean I am not growing. We all have our own seasons of life, as for me Its still summer. It’s still wild and full of uncertainties. It is passionate and exciting. I am already in the “real world” , there is no “fake world” all these is real. And so far, the sea, the sun, the tan lines on my skin, they are my realities. And in these realities, i will live.

You Might Also Like

0 comments