My Favorite Sunset

I've been wanting to go with my family and watch the Sunset by the fishing area for so long. And finally today we picked up my Si...




I've been wanting to go with my family and watch the Sunset by the fishing area for so long. And finally today we picked up my Sister from work and hurried to get there. It was 6 pm, and my Dad was driving faster than usual as we try to catch the Sun before it hides beneath the horizon. There was excitement in the air, as if it will be the first time we'll ever see it.

We got there just in time to witness the radiant glow of the Sun. The orange light was reflected by the water, and the sky was alive in different hues of pink, blue and orange. Birds flew above and the wind was calm. There were a few people in the area too, but it felt like we were alone.

My Mother was so happy and she took pictures of everyone and everything. Our dog Max was her favorite subject with the sunset as the backdrop. My Sister sat quietly for a moment and relaxed as she tried to free herself from the stress that loosely clung to her from work. My Dad, posed with our Dog as per my Mom's request. I take pictures, but I try to absorb the preciousness of this moment more. I think of my Brother who is still at work and wish he was there with us.



These are the kind of moments I treasure. I do not know what will happen in the next few years, someone may go and work abroad, or someone may marry and have their own family. Right now I just want to savor every moment with my family. Thinking about my family makes me want to cry. We are not perfect, but I know we all feel loved and supported. Especially me, being the youngest, I feel extra loved by my whole family. I tend to do crazy stuff sometimes like quitting college for almost two years. Although the lack of finances was part of the reason, the main reason why I decided to quit was because I wanted to follow and do what I am passionate about (Those two years were the best years of my life!). Now,its been two years since I went back to college, and although I still do crazy things like absenting myself from class in order to refuel my "creativity" I always make sure I give them good grades. They never demanded anything big from me, they are happy and proud whenever I tell them about how great my examinations went, or whenever I bring home occasional awards. My Mom thinks her children are the brightest, always proud and always praying for our individual success. I couldn't be more grateful.

After several minutes the Sun was tucked away, and we were left with a soft glow. My Dad began thinking of coming back sometime this week, as my mom sat on the bench and continued to admire God's masterpiece before her. I wish I could bring her to other places where she can watch more breath taking Sunsets. My heart swells with joy when I see my Mom happy, I tell her to stay healthy and strong because she's got a lot of travelling to do in the future.


I have an inkling feeling that one day I will find myself far away from home, probably doing something "crazy". But I am glad that I have a bank full of moments like this to make me feel at home.

You Might Also Like

0 comments